A friend of mine sent me this device last weekend, asking for help to create the twrp recovery for this acer liquid E2 Duo. Rather than only the custom recovery, I also build the custom rom for this device for fun and here we go the complete rom in OTA package format (flash via cwm or twrp) and in spflashtool package format (flash via spflashtool from PC).
Here are the features :
- Android 4.2.1 with 3.4.5 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- phone storage and sdcard swap
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Removed unnecessary and bloatware apps
- … something i forgot to list
And here we go the custom rom :
MD5 : 76377edc95b315ad55e61566564c7c6b
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : TWRP and CWM recovery Acer Liquid E2. Both are working good for this device, get it whichever you like.
- Warning!!!, Please make sure your device is acer Liquid E2 Duo with dual simcard slot, this custom rom WILL NOT WORK on Liquid E2 device with single simcard.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see acer logo on screen then release it. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
Custom ROM in SPFlashTool Format :
This SPFlashtool format custom rom is needed to inject the twrp recovery I explain on another article. Please read the reason behind this here. And here we go the custom rom (Thanks to 4n70k who help me upload) :
Download : Custom rom 4.2.1 for Acer Liquid E2
MD5 : ccb0aa9e11474d8e637fe4c3b6855e97
With this custom rom in SPFlashtool format, you will get my custom rom above, new repartition and TWRP recovery, all in one package.
To install this custom rom, you need SPFlashTool program which only available on winblows os platform so I cannot support it. You may refer to this tutorial : MT65xx Flashing Tutorial it is very well explained by Bruno Martin. Please be really careful using SPFlashTool, especially when flashing ROM not for your device, since it may bricked your device
This SPFlashtool format custom rom is dumped and recreate/readjusted by me from my custom rom after I flashed them and configured ! This is not stock rom and I held no responsibility to any GPL License issue and I have no kernel source or stock rom from the manufacturer.
Enjoy your minime custom rom version on your Liquid E2 Duo !