This is the first Dual ARM Cortex-A7 Harvard Superscalar processor core MT6572 device for axioo smartphone, launched this October with a model name PICOphone 4 GDF. The MT6572 dual-core SoC (System on Chip) platform itself is world’s first dual-core HSPA+ SoC with integrated WiFi, Bluetooth, FM and GPS on a cost effective 4 layer PCB design. It also integrates power efficient dual-core Cortex-A7 CPU sub-system with speed up to 1.2 GHz on 28 nm process technology (same with MT6589 quad-core SoC). Some of you who wants to know what’s the difference this MT6572 with MT6577 and MT6589, may see this Wiki tables comparison.
Here we go the features for this custom rom :
- Android 4.2.2 with 3.4.5 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- … something i forgot to list
And here we go the custom rom :
Download : PICOphone_4_GDF_signed_101013_092309.zip
MD5 : 127851cf3cf71a20fc73dc3413db0e6e
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm recovery for PICOphone4 GDF.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see Boot Mode menu, then release it. There will be 3 Boot Mode available on the list : Recovery, FastBoot and Normal Mode. Choose with Volume Up button to point to Recovery Mode and Select it with Volume Down button to enter Recovery Mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
How to use the Xposed Framework and Gravity box
I create separate page to explain this so i don’t have to copy paste everytime, Go here.
Enjoy 4.2.2 custom rom version on your PICOhone4 GDF !