- Android 4.2.2 with 3.4.5 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- more languages
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- Xperia HD rom base (i forgot from where i took this 🙂 really sorry)
- … something i forgot to list
Known issues :
- the sony xperia rom was designed to use the pc companion to communicate between mass storage with the desktop pc. I cannot try this since i’m on linux, and i’m experience difficulties mounting both the internal storage and the external sdcard at the same time, and this is annoying for me. However, there always a workaround for this issue by using ESExplorer file manager apps and transfer the files across network.
- WiFi and Network location menu is missing from the Location access settings menu for some reason. However, when i’m logging in to my google accounts, then i enable Access Location option when maps asking to enable it, the feature seems working normally. maps can found my location abruptly even the gps icons still blinking try to find my precise location.
Here we go the custom rom :
MD5 : 7d10b0d883b3aaa3a3f29ff792b567f2
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm and twrp recovery for PICOphone4 GDX. Both are working good for this device, get it whichever you like.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see axioo logo on screen then release it. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
Some other notes from me :
JB 4.3 Camera
If you want to use the camera from stock jb 4.3, here we go :
Download : signed_camera-4.3-update.zip
Flash it like you just did with the custom rom, go to recovery mode, select install, choose the zip file and reboot after done. After install this update.zip, you’ll have 2 camera apps and 2 gallery apps.
How to use the Xposed Framework
I create separate page to explain this, so i don’t have to explain over and over again on each article, please Go here. For you who called customization junkies, this is a must have application.
Enjoy your PICOphone4 GDX
EDIT 20032014 :
If you really likes this Xperia ROM UI, you may consider to look the Version 2 of my custom rom here : custom rom XperiaV2 for PICOphone4 GDX
Since the V2 using another rom port base, it’s totally different core from this one, then i think it’s better to create another article rather than including the updates here. Go get it. 🙂