This Venge2 model is one of the latest release model from axioo that using mediatek MT6737T chipset. Had a dual cam, fingerprint, fullhd ips display, 16Gb internal and 2Gb RAM. You may also check the complete specs on axiooworld site.
This custom rom is pretty much the same with the stock rom except this is rooted and bloatware free.
Here is the rom :
Download : venge2_050717-signed.zip
MD5 : eb0125abc8cc04ae11e051354f8e86f7
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom needs a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : custom recovery for axioo Venge2
- Delete all Google Account : This is not mandatory, but I only wants to make this as a habit. Some stock rom was protected by FRP (Factory Reset Protection) by Google as a prevention to avoid theft. This protection will confuse newbies while triggered and gives a lot of headache if they forgot the google password. By deleting the Google account first before flashing a new custom rom will disable this protection, this will make their day (and me 🙂 ) a lot of easier.
So please do this as a habit, remove all the google account before flashing any custom rom. if not only for smooth flashing progress, this is also good for your own security.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is easy as always, but for you who are not familiar with flashing custom roms, please make sure you follow the steps carefully :
- Preparing custom rom zip : Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Get into Recovery : Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume Down button then press power button, hold them both until you see the recovery menu then release it. The recovery menu will show about 3 options, Recovery, Fastboot and Normal Mode. Select the Recovery options using Volume Down button and press Enter using Volume Up button. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- Wipe All (Factory Reset) : Go to the Wipe Menu and choose Wipe All or Factory Reset. This will erase all the contents of data partition and start from scratch. This is important step before flashing a custom rom. You will have a buggy OS if you’re start using the data not from clean.
If you’re from stock rom, the data partition is encrypted by default, and while you want to Wipe All, the recovery will also ask to Format because it cannot wipe if not format first. Of course you have to confirm yes for that. Make sure this data partition got wiped, you even can do this twice to nail it 🙂
- Install the custom rom zip : Go to Install Zip, choose the storage location where you put the custom rom on step 1 and install it. Sdcard is for your sdcard and ExtraSD for internal storage
- Installation completed : After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
First boot after installation will take some time, roughly around 5 min on my try, so please be patient, it takes time for the system to read all the app odex unto cache. Do not interrupt and make sure you have enough battery power, if not … repeat. If everything goes well, then you may see the screen like these :
Another Notes :
Usually, I always use PixelLauncher as the default launcher on all of my latest custom rom. I like the seamless integration between Google Now and the launcher and also to brings you the latest technology from google experience point of view.
But not this time on this Venge2 model ! I have being forcefully to use the default launcher from stock rom because of some reason. and here is why :
This device is equiped with fingerprint sensor and the stock rom has a nice feature named as Fingerprint AppLock that you can use to protect any installed application. Yes, you can protect any application not to run, like say you want to protect Gallery app, unless you swipe your fingerprint on the sensor (or fill in a password) then the Gallery app will never be open. Nice isn’t it ? You can configure this fingerprint applock under Settings -> Fingerprint options.
The stupid thing is, the developer who create this Fingerprint AppLock is hardcoding the launcher class name into it, if you change the launcher this FingerprintAppLock will broken, so in short, this feature only can run on this default stock launcher. You cannot use any other launcher from playstore for this device if you run this Fingerprint AppLock.
That’s the reason why I cannot include PixelLauncher on this Venge2 custom rom.
Lately, I’ve been playing with Google Assistant a lot for my hobby. It’s not for the conversation though, but rather to the SDK feature that can communicate with electronics world. It was only a simple raspberry pi that I use as a google assistant appliance with speaker and mic to control some of my IoT modules, usually for home automation such as switch, dimmer, weather station and such, that using mqtt as the main protocol. So, while I already have all that within my reach, then I try the google assistant I put on this venge2 model and give it a try, it was working all good. I can command the assistant to switch on my bedroom lights, turn on my HiFi and TV, give a full report from thingspeak that collect data from my weather station, and so on, it’s all working well as I expected.
I already included the Google Assistant on this custom rom and you can activate the assistant using long press on Home button. Try it ! you may also then combine this with IFTTT or even Tasker to get a much more complex tasks, the possibilities is limitless.
Enjoy your Venge2 and See you !