I’m sure many of you especially here in Indonesia who had an android phone must have Alkitab application (Indonesian bible). I highly recommend this application and you can get it for free from the market. The application is very nice and helpful, especially with the daily devotion feature for those of you who travelling a lot and don’t want to miss the morning prayer and devotion.
A few days ago I was looking for “The Message” bible version for my needs and found some other PDB (palm database type) bible versions from some Christian site. I convert them all to YES extension, which can be imported easily into Alkitab application via the Version Importer menu.
Here I share the versions you can download for free and use :
- AMP – The Amplified Bible is an English translation of the Bible with reference made to various texts in the original languages. It is designed to “amplify” the text by using a system of punctuation and other typographical features to bring out all shades of meaning present in the original texts.
- MSG – The Message Bible or The Bible in Contemporary Language was created by Eugene H. Peterson and published in segments from 1993 to 2002. It is an idiomatic translation of the original languages of the bible
- NET – The New English Translation bible is a free, “completely new” online English translation of the Bible ” with 60,932 translators’ notes” sponsored by the Biblical Studies Foundation and published by Biblical Studies Press.
- NASB – The New American Standard Bible, also informally called New American Standard Version (NASV), is an English translation of the Bible.
- ESV – The English Standard Version is an English translation of the Bible.
- NLT – The New Living Translation (NLT) is a translation of the Bible into modern English. Originally starting out as an effort to revise The Living Bible, the project evolved into a new English translation from Hebrew and Greek texts.
- YLT – Young’s Literal Translation is a translation of the Bible into English. The translation was made by Robert Young, compiler of Young’s Analytical Concordance to the Bible and Concise Critical Comments on the New Testament. Young produced a “Revised Version” of the translation in 1887. After he died on October 14, 1888, the publisher in 1898 released a new Revised Edition.
- NKJV – The New King James Version is a modern translation of the Bible published by Thomas Nelson, Inc. The New Testament was published in 1979, the Psalms in 1980, and the full Bible in 1982. It took a total of 7 years to complete. The anglicized edition was originally known as the Revised Authorized Version, but the NKJV title is now used universally.
- HCSB – The Holman Christian Standard Bible a modern English Bible translation from Holman Bible Publishers. The first full edition was completed in March 2004, with the New Testament alone having been previously published in 1999.
- TLB – The Living Bible is an English version of the Bible created by Kenneth N. Taylor. It was first published in 1971. Unlike most English Bibles, The Living Bible is a paraphrase. Taylor used the American Standard Version of 1901 as his base text.
- LITV – Green’s Literal Translation is a formal equivalence translation of the Christian Bible by Jay P. Green, Sr. First published in 1985, it became integrated into the 1986 edition of his Hebrew-English-Greek work called “The Interlinear Bible”.
- SLT – Smith’s Literal Translation is The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments; Translated Literally From The Original Tongues by Julia E. Smith.
- TS-1998 – The Scriptures 1998 by Institute for Scripture Research
- HRB2012 – Hebraic Roots Bible is a literal translation of the scriptures with the sacred name of Yahweh and Yahshua, restored and preserved. Uniqueness of this bible is NT is translated from Aramaic source.
- CLV – Concordant Literal Version. This is very good for Bible studying.
Get the Bible version you want and copy them to your sdcard. Unmount the sdcard, and then open Alkitab application, go to Version Chooser, and choose Other Version then open pdb/yes files. Point the file manager to yes file location on your sdcard and pick the yes file.
God Bless You All.