Why do we need to re partitioning the internal storage into a bigger one ? The answer is pretty simple, so we can install much more applications into internal storage area without having to use app2sd feature, in case just to extend the internal storage space while we need more room for a bunch of apps. By making 2Gb size for the internal storage then you have a plenty of space to accomodate many more apps without having to use “move to sd” feature when you’re running out of space storage for apks.
The hack mods is pretty self explanatory, it will replace the extended MBR (EBR) which contains the partition scheme on the device with the new size for internal storage (usrdata partition) and adjusting the phone storage (fat partition) size so it will not affecting other partition. The other important system wide partition will stay intact so it won’t risk any overlapping partition scheme.
Here is the repartition mod zip :
2Gb internal storage : signed_jfmod2gbinternal-gdx
Revert to Original : signed_jfmodrevert2ori-gdx
- This repartition mod is specifically only for PICOphone4 GDX !!! Only do this mod if you were using JB 4.2.1 stock rom from axioo or my custom ROM. I repeat, DO NOT attempt to use this mod on other device, it will crash your device!!
Check your current OS Build Number version first before doing this, Go to Settings -> About -> Build Number. It must show something like this : PICOphone_4_GDX_xxx_xxx
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom mod before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
How to use :
- Download and copy the zip file to your external sdcard
- Backup the content of the phone storage into your computer!! We will format this partition, so it is irreversible.
- Backup all your applications, documents or any other files you may find important to you, because we will factory resetting the device later. … and yeah, your all high score game will lost.
- Reboot into CWM or TWRP recovery
- Backup your system using nandroid backup !!
- Install the repartition mod zip file
- Go back to Home screen, and do Factory Reset !!! (Do NOT forget to factory reset or you’ll get into bootloop)
- Reboot the system
The first boot will take a little longer since the OS needs to populate again the new data partition after we formatted them. When I say a little longer, it doesn’t mean a couple of hours or years it’s only a minute top, maybe less. After boot completed, go to Settings page, and select Storage, and you will see your internal storage will resize to 2.11Gb, To make it clear here is the capture before and after repartition mod :
Sometimes, during my tries here, i found the internal storage won’t change on the first try. If you still cannot see the 2Gb internal storage but your usb phone storage already decrease its size, no worry … somehow the system still see the old partition, just go back to CWM or TWRP recovery and wipe data / FactoryReset again, the second time you boot completely, they will appear as 2Gb size.
If everything ok, still at Storage menu on Settings, then scroll to bottom and select Erase Phone Storage (we need to do this so the emmc phone usb storage will accept the new size changes) :
Enjoy extra large space on your PICOphone4 GDX !!