Here is my custom rom for axioo PICOphone2 powered with mt6575 cpu and qwerty keyboard on GBC model. There’s nothing much different with the stock rom, I’m only adding the root things, some optimizing and minor tweaks for a better performance result vs battery consumption. Here is the complete features :
- Android 4.0.4 with 3.0.xx kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- wifi, bt, hsdpa, batt tweak
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- … something i forgot to list
And here we go the custom rom :
Download : PICOphone2_GBC_signed_103113_133025.zip
MD5 : ff7e23debc67331b2025ebd6aa19da3c
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm recovery for PICOphone 2 GBC
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see axioo logo, then release it. Wait a sec or two, and you’ll entering cwm recovery main menu.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
How to use the Xposed Framework
I create separate page to explain this so i don’t have to explain over and over again on each article, please Go here.
How to change bbm for android layout on this landcape mode phone
BBM for android had a fixed portrait layout mode by default, and this is a big problem on this landscape mode phone. I have no idea why the bbm application developer locked the screen orientation unto portrait mode only, but this issue can be easily fixed with Xposed framework AppSettings.
I already include the AppSettings Xposed module on the custom rom, all you have to do is activate them and adjust the bbm application to use “Forced Auto Rotation” screen orientation as a default. Here is the steps :
- Open Xposed installer application, go to Module page and make sure the AppSettings module is already enable.
- Go to AppSettings and browse to the application list and find com.bbm for BBM application.
- A dedicated settings page for this bbm apps will opened, then choose Settings.
- Scroll lower and find Orientation setting and choose Force Auto Rotate
- Press Save on the top screen to save your settings.
You may try the result, run the bbm apps and it should be capable to auto rotate now.
However, even though, now the layout can be rotate to landscape mode easily, but if you’re opening Contacts tab page on landscape mode, it will throws an error and bbm application will force closed. This is happening because the application was locked in vertical layout at the code and doesn’t have a landscape layout to use by the module framework. This is bad and cannot be fixed. So, either you have to tilt the device everytime you want to choose bbm contacts, or complaining to RIM on playstore, there’s nothing much left you can do, neither do i.
Enjoy your PICOhone2 GBC !