it’s been awhile since my last custom rom for this gdf model and yesterday i’ve got a borrowed device. i think it’s nice to create xperia rom on this device, and here we go i share the results so it’s not my only friend who enjoy it but you all. Everything works as expected and well tested, but there is something i cannot test. my friend is kind of careless guy, the device he gave me is pretty in bad condition, scratched everywhere, the back casing is a little cracked on the corner and worst is the back camera is broken and no longer working. Looks like he dropped it sometimes and I cannot test the back camera is working or not in this custom rom. Despite that, i’m using the library camera module from the stock rom for safe and the ouput debug logcat throws no errors, so i can assume the back camera will work good. Ok, here we go the features :
- Android 4.2.2 with 3.4.5 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, fully deodexed, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- add more languages
- Superuser by Clockworkmod (thanks to Koush)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- … something i forgot to list
Here we go the custom rom :
MD5 : cfe0878b4c3fb1803c8683295943aa87
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm recovery for PICOphone4 GDF.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see Boot Mode menu, then release it. There will be 3 Boot Mode available on the list : Recovery, FastBoot and Normal Mode. Choose with Volume Up button to point to Recovery Mode and Select it with Volume Down button to enter Recovery Mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
Here is the result after flash :
Some other notes from me :
How to use the Xposed Framework
I include this amazing customization tools on this custom rom. I create separate page to explain this, so i don’t have to explain over and over again on each article, please Go here. For you who called customization junkies, this is a must have application.
Enjoy your PICOphone4 GDF