This is a custom rom for the 7inch tablet PICOpad 7H model that using Mediatek MT6582 chipset. Took the base from stock rom that already using kitkat and only add root, simple minor tweak and of course … debloated. If you’re having difficulties to get root on this device after installing my custom recovery then this custom rom is for you. Lets get started.
Here is the complete list of this rom :
- Android 4.4.2 with 3.4.39 kernel
- Rooted, busybox, zipaligned
- rooted boot.img
- init.d support + busybox run parts
- gps, bt, hsdpa tweak
- multi languages
- fully debloated
- Superuser by SuperSU (thanks to Chainfire)
- entropy generator tweak (thanks to lambgx02)
- Xposed framework (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
- GravityBox customization module (thanks to C3C076)
- … something I forgot to list
Here we go the custom rom :
Download : PICOpad_7H_signed_091014_171148.zip MD5 : 4c26e108d531263b0a7c753ba76c9b17
EDIT 151014 :
Download : picopad_7h_signed_091214_004853.zip
MD5 : d4ce03c5f893f6f0615d1ca81cc1c3cb
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm and twrp recovery for PICOpad 7H. Both are working good for this device, get it whichever you like.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume + button then press power button, hold them both until you see axioo logo on screen then release it. Wait a sec or two … then you’ll be in recovery mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Choose Wipe cache partition and execute it
- Choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and execute it
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
About the Screenshots :
I’m really sorry about the screenshot, I’ve got nothing, I forgot to capture the results during rom creation and I already send the device back to the owner. If any of you had this device, use this custom rom and willing to help me and others by sharing the screenshot of the home screen and about page, that would be a great help.
Enjoy your PICOpad 7H.