This is the custom rom nougat 7.0 release for axioo Titan. Runs pretty smooth on my try and share here for all of you. However, this android nougat 7.0 release somehow had a different partition layout than the previous marhsmallow stockrom from axioo, then I have to release this using spflashtool image model, so we don’t have to reflash twice. You have to use Firmware Upgrade option during flashing this customrom because we need to change the partition layout size especially the /system.
Here is the rom :
Download : titan_n7_SW20170726_jfdesignnet_R070817.rar
MD5 : 65cf59beade8f274e5a54e9af9b14f51
And here is the steps to flash this custom rom :
Requirement and Preparation :
- Read this thoroughly :
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom needs spflashtool to flashed the image into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1728.00.000.zip. You may aware that I never use winblows, so I cannot support you about this spflashtool installation on winblows os platform … sorry. Please find your own way out if you had any difficulties with the installation or it’s device drivers.
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom using this spflashtool is easy as always :
- Preparing custom rom files : Download the custom rom from link above and extract it into a folder on your pc or notebook.
- Get the scatter file : Press the scatter load file button, point them to the extracted custom rom rar folder and then load the MT6750_Android_Scatter.txt on it.
- Setup Flashing Mode : There is a dropdown menu of the flashing mode which are “Download Only”, “Firmware Upgrade” and “Format All + Download”. Choose “Firmware Upgrade” mode!! It will not work with “Download Only” mode and DO NOT use “Format All + Download” or you will lose your IMEI and cannot do phone call. I repeat, use “Firmware Upgrade” mode !
- Flashing Download : Now press the big Download button on spflashtool and leave it, the spflashtool will enter standby mode to flash the device and waiting for the signal from the device.
- Flashing Progress : Turn off the axioo Titan device completely then plug in the usb cable to the pc. The spflashtool will respond the signal and the flashing progress bar will run. Do not interupt this progress and wait until it’s completed.
After flashing is completed, pull out the usb-c cable from the pc and then press the power button for 5sec. On a first boot, there is a reboot once because of the script that trying to install root on the device, it’s okay and let it be. If everything goes well, then you may see the screen like these :
Custom Recovery :
This custom rom is already rooted and had SuperSU on it by default so you no longer need a custom recovery unless you want to install another customrom, xposed, magisk, or doing a nand backup / restore. However, I’m not included the custom recovery as the default for several reason. Mainly because newbie doesn’t need it and it may cause bootloop when they do Factory Reset from the Settings menu (Factory reset should be doing from the recovery).
So … this custom recovery are for you who advanced enough and know what you’re doing. As usual I presents you two flavor, ctr and twrp. CTR was at version 6.1, build using lineageos-14 tree and the TWRP is at version 126.96.36.199 and build using omni-7 tree.
Unfortunately, I cannot make the touchscreen works on the TWRP version, tried all possible way to get it done but no luck so far. So for now, this TWRP version is useless unless you want to use it using mouse with otg to operate. If some of you are rom developer and know how to patch the kernel for the touchscreen to work, please please let me know ?
However, the CTR version is working well with this device, of course with the same disfunctioning touchscreen but you can use the device button to navigate, … and I recommend you to use this release.
CTR : recovery-ctr-titan-los-13.0-n7.img
TWRP : recovery-twrp_188.8.131.52-titan-n7.img
Remember ! You don’t have to do this, but if you really need it, flash this custom recovery using spflashtool and use the scatter file from my custromrom.
Another Notes :
I like google assistant alot for my electronics projects, especially for home automation and iot clouds. I already talk alot about this on my marshmallow rom for this titan, so please read here : Google Asisstant on Titan
Well, I also Included the Google Assistant and it’s launcher on this custom rom, explore it!
Enjoy your Titan, see you !