Got a chance to create a custom rom for this device. This T1 model is using Snapdragon 410 msm-8916 quadcore from Qualcomm, cortex a53 up to 1.4GHz, with Adreno 306 GPU and of course with 4G LTE data.
Android 5.1 lollipop-> sorry … typo :-), should be kitkat 4.4
- Rooted, busybox, zipaligned
- Latest Playservice gapps
- fully debloated
- SuperSU (thanks to chainfire)
- … something I forgot to list
Here is the custom rom :
Download : picopad_t1_sw20150617_jfdesignnet_R140616-signed.zip
MD5 : 7b3eb0b29d541754c779baa7bf7916a4
Requirement, Preparation and Warning :
- Read this thoroughly :
Your warranty is now void !!!
I am not responsible if you brick your phone, get stuck in a bootloop, or if your phone grows arms and tries to kill you. Flash at your own risk!
Please do some research if you have any concerns about risk of flashing a custom rom before continuing! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!!
If you have any other objection, don’t bother to comment, just close this page!
- This custom rom need a custom recovery to flashed into the device, if you haven’t got it, get it here : cwm recovery for Picopad T1
Flashing Process :
The steps to flash this custom rom is pretty straight forward :
- Download the custom rom from link above and copy it to the root of your sdcard, you may check it first with your file manager to confirm it was there. There are two sdcard storage on this device, so you must know it’s at the internal sdcard or external sdcard. I prefer you to put this on external sdcard to avoid any difficulties.
- Boot into recovery mode by turning off your phone, hold down Volume Up button, then hold down Volume Down button and then press power button, hold them all of the 3 buttons until you feel the device vibrate and axioo logo appear, then release it. Wait a sec or two and you’ll be in cwm recovery mode.
- BACKUP your stock rom and data using BACKUP feature, make sure you use external storage as destination because this backup is relatively big.
- Choose Wipe Data / Factory reset and execute it.
- Go back to main menu, and choose Install zip
- It will open a list of file on your sdcard, choose the custom rom zip file that you put on step 1 and flash it.
- After the installation completed, choose Reboot System
If everything okay, then you will see this screenshot on yours :
That’s it, have fun and enjoy your Picopad T1 !